Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» New off road riding book.
alex starts riding again! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:26 am by cbr-rider

» On the 'D'-fence: Possible deals with fantasy implications
alex starts riding again! EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:54 pm by lavivi

» Electrical problems with CBR F2
alex starts riding again! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:12 am by cbr-rider

» Yamaha xj 650 project
alex starts riding again! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:32 pm by honda cbr 600 f2

» 09 yamaha r6?
alex starts riding again! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:02 am by honda cbr 600 f2

» Four-Stroke Motocross and Off-Road Performance Handbook by Eric Gorr and Kevin Cameron
alex starts riding again! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:10 am by cbr-rider

» 365 MOTORCYCLES YOU MUST RIDE.
alex starts riding again! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:34 am by cbr-rider

» custom carbon fiber parts!
alex starts riding again! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 3:16 am by cbr-rider

» what mods do you have?
alex starts riding again! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 pm by mafiafran

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

alex starts riding again!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cbr-rider
administrator
administrator
cbr-rider

alex starts riding again! Empty
PostSubject: alex starts riding again!   alex starts riding again! EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 8:51 am

when i get back on the road! and that means some motorcycle movies as well!
Back to top Go down
http://sportbiketalk.com
cbr-rider
administrator
administrator
cbr-rider

PostSubject: Re: alex starts riding again!   alex starts riding again! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:38 am

yeah went to change the oil today ..didn't go out how i planned right were the oil filler bolt goes in was previously stripped out and the piece cracked right off...it sucks ..and im not sure how to get it fixed!
Back to top Go down
bottlecape30
bottlecape30

PostSubject: Re: alex starts riding again!   alex starts riding again! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:31 am

That sucks. Maybe we can drill the old bolt out and retap it. Or did the pan crack?
Back to top Go down
bottlecape30
bottlecape30

PostSubject: Re: alex starts riding again!   alex starts riding again! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:47 am

I just thought about it i'm getting my welder this Friday so if the pan cracked we can just weld it back together. No worries we can figure it out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cbr-rider
administrator
administrator
cbr-rider

PostSubject: Re: alex starts riding again!   alex starts riding again! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 11:33 pm

that might work but ,the thing is though i got the piece back on with epoxy and the threading is still stripped out like it already was, that's why it cracked in the first place and the piece fell off, im thinking of just buying the hole new bottom oil pan directly from ebay. i already placed a bid for 32.99 its originally off a 93 cbr 600 f2 but new there 150 dollars buy getting that it would be nice so i don't ever have to worry about it leaking plus the metal is cheap cast, im not sure it would weld back together with ease and still be able to keep the straight threading also to make matters worse when you turn the bolt to its fullest point of coarse its still gonna turn but its sideways as well so it would for sure leak oil fast even with rubber o ring its still sideways.
Back to top Go down
Jetstream01
Jetstream01

PostSubject: Re: alex starts riding again!   alex starts riding again! EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:40 am

Yo,

As I said in your email, if I see the damage I can offer suggestions on how to fix it. Your brother seems to be on the right track-drill out the bolt and re tap it. However, if you just drill out the old hole bigger and retap the actual metal, you will end up with a bigger bolt size and it will be impossible to find a bolt the right size and shape-those drain pan bolts are usually pretty unique. My first suggestion is, if you can afford it, go with your first choice and buy a new oil pan. And yes, 91-94 CBR F2 parts are all exchangeable! Great for us huh? A lot of parts on my bike are off other bikes. Anyways my second suggestion is to, like I also said in the email, get a re-thread kit, which comes with the right size drill bit, and insert new threads into the hole. You can get these for around $20 from any local hardware store (not home depot lol). Just make sure to get the right size.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jetstream01
cbr-rider
administrator
administrator
cbr-rider

PostSubject: Re: alex starts riding again!   alex starts riding again! EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:53 am

yeah new these oil pans are pretty expensive there like $150 found one on ebay for $30 plus $12 bucks shipping but that would mean i would need a new gasket plus there might be another screw striped on the pan that i can't get to so it would be really hard to get off (sigh) huum i guess im just gonna get it fixed somewere? towing is free so thats good! but im not sure yet of any costs? well thanks a super lot guys for helping!! if it doesn't work out i'll more than likley take your advise!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: alex starts riding again!   alex starts riding again! Empty

Back to top Go down

alex starts riding again!
Page 1 of 1