Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» New off road riding book.
Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:26 am by cbr-rider

» On the 'D'-fence: Possible deals with fantasy implications
Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:54 pm by lavivi

» Electrical problems with CBR F2
Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:12 am by cbr-rider

» Yamaha xj 650 project
Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:32 pm by honda cbr 600 f2

» 09 yamaha r6?
Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:02 am by honda cbr 600 f2

» Four-Stroke Motocross and Off-Road Performance Handbook by Eric Gorr and Kevin Cameron
Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:10 am by cbr-rider

» 365 MOTORCYCLES YOU MUST RIDE.
Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:34 am by cbr-rider

» custom carbon fiber parts!
Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 3:16 am by cbr-rider

» what mods do you have?
Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 pm by mafiafran

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Electrical problems with CBR F2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jetstream01
Jetstream01

Electrical problems with CBR F2 Empty
PostSubject: Electrical problems with CBR F2   Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 7:50 am

If you own a CBR F2 (1991-1994), then you are GOING to need to replace the regulator/rectifier, and also the battery when you do so. This is because the rectifier goes out, causing either an overcharge or undercharge from the stator (like an alternator on a bike) to the battery. This over/under charge damages the battery over time, which, if you do not replace before buying and installing a new rectifier, will in turn damage the new rectifier. So, buy a good rectifier (one that costs over $100-don't buy the cheap one) and a battery, or you will be stranded without power in the middle of nowhere!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jetstream01
cbr-rider
administrator
administrator
cbr-rider

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problems with CBR F2   Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 9:48 am

yeah that sucked................................oh well got a new battery and a new regulator, seems to me my electrosport regulator i bought for 94.00 works great. and the battery is a worry free , plug it in and go.
Back to top Go down
http://sportbiketalk.com
honda cbr 600 f2

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problems with CBR F2   Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:14 am

hey:) I have a 1993 honda cbr 600 f2, have problems with charging; = (no voltage regulator, but may again I'm missing more than just that. someone who has pictures of how it looks complete? I have a cdi box situated next to the battery, but do not think I have more electronic boxes. please help me when I need to get sykkeln my spinning freely; =)
ps: I'm not so good allowed to write in English because I'm from Norway, but hope you understand what I mean;)
Oddvar.
Back to top Go down
honda cbr 600 f2

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problems with CBR F2   Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:15 am

hey:) I have a 1993 honda cbr 600 f2, have problems with charging; = (no voltage regulator, but may again I'm missing more than just that. someone who has pictures of how it looks complete? I have a cdi box situated next to the battery, but do not think I have more electronic boxes. please help me when I need to get my bike my spinning freely; =)
ps: I'm not so good allowed to write in English because I'm from Norway, but hope you understand what I mean;)
Oddvar.
Back to top Go down
cbr-rider
administrator
administrator
cbr-rider

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problems with CBR F2   Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:46 am

Hi,

I've actually sold my 600 f2, so I vaguely remember what the set up looked like and I can't really take pictures for you, sorry. Is it possible for you take some pictures? it could help us out a lot to see what's missing on your bike or what could be causing the problem. I'm pretty sure the right side tail section of the cbr 600 f2 should have the ecu, the rectifier/regulator and the the plug for the wires coming form the rectifier which can melt and cause poor connections sometimes. there are also many other sites that may be able to help you out too. here are some links.

http://cbrforum.com/forum/

http://www.cbrextreme.com/

Back to top Go down
honda cbr 600 f2

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problems with CBR F2   Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 5:52 am

what parts fit the f2 from a 94 honda cbr fireblade 900 ?
Back to top Go down
cbr-rider
administrator
administrator
cbr-rider

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problems with CBR F2   Electrical problems with CBR F2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:12 am

Not sure, the rear wheel off the fireblade looks the same and the rear brake rotor looks the same, but they could use different spacers and such. I know the gas caps are the same for sure. the mirrors look the same too. there isn't too much else that would bolt right on without further modifications. what exactly are you trying to do?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problems with CBR F2   Electrical problems with CBR F2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Electrical problems with CBR F2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sport Bike Tech :: Electrical tech-
Jump to: