Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» New off road riding book.
mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:26 am by cbr-rider

» On the 'D'-fence: Possible deals with fantasy implications
mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:54 pm by lavivi

» Electrical problems with CBR F2
mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:12 am by cbr-rider

» Yamaha xj 650 project
mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:32 pm by honda cbr 600 f2

» 09 yamaha r6?
mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:02 am by honda cbr 600 f2

» Four-Stroke Motocross and Off-Road Performance Handbook by Eric Gorr and Kevin Cameron
mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:10 am by cbr-rider

» 365 MOTORCYCLES YOU MUST RIDE.
mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:34 am by cbr-rider

» custom carbon fiber parts!
mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 3:16 am by cbr-rider

» what mods do you have?
mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 pm by mafiafran

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cbr-rider
administrator
administrator
cbr-rider

mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. Empty
PostSubject: mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike.   mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:53 am

so i spent a hour and a half today figuring out how much my bike really weighs, anyways i finally came to the conclusion that the stock weight of a cbr 600f2 without gas is only 409 pounds ! holy crap! thats less than any 600cc liter bike in its class today and counting anyways i weighed myself in accordance to the parts on now and weighed the fairings and crap that aren't on my bike and came to the conclusion that my bike currently weighs about 360 pounds with gas! though its an estimate, number don't lie! I'm not good with math and probably never will be but it was easy to do by measuring every part that's on my bike and the parts fairings and muffler ect that are not. so thats a rough estimate its probably very close to that number though im sure. like for an example my carbon fiber exhaust only weighs 4 pounds!. the stock exhaust weighs 11 pounds! the fairings stock headlight stock rear fender and under the seat plastic crap which was all stripped weighed over 40 pounds! and way more other crap too like brackets and the huge ass blinkers ect but i didn't count that even though i have a stock set and one blinker weighs like twice as much as all four of mine on the bike but there are a lot of stupid things i didn't count or add like the rear sprocket and so on. ( which by the way weighs a lot less than stock) but yeah i I'm certain there are not many 600's out there that even come close to weighing as little as my bike Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://sportbiketalk.com
bottlecape30
bottlecape30

PostSubject: Re: mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike.   mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:45 am

I'm getting close
I started at 443 lbs and i striped off 56 lbs of crap so far that puts me at 387 and i have tons more stuff to yank off. Like a 4 into one exhaust would drop a good 10 lbs off my bike not to mention the boost in power.

The real math is in the weight to power ratio mine is 4.8 lbs : 1 bhp

now if your bike is putting out 100bhp and it weights 369lbs
your weight to power ratio is ..... easy math here..... 3.69lbs : 1 bhp

now peek numbers are great for bragging rights but the proof is in the power band.

HP is a ratio of power or TQ based on duration or how long said power can be used.

So this means your bike ,the f2, is a low TQ but high HP motor, meaning it makes little power but spreads it all over the huge power band. that is how it makes more TQ then HP.

Unlike my car that makes gobbs of TQ (power) but only spreads it across a few thousand RPMs witch makes my car suck for drag races but rock on the autocross track (less shifting).

If you want to start talking numbers lets get into compressor matching, compression, squish area calculations, now that is fun stuff. trying to match a new t5 supercharger to my BMW now. math is fun!
Back to top Go down
cbr-rider
administrator
administrator
cbr-rider

PostSubject: Re: mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike.   mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:12 pm

yeah, nothing really mathematical about what i did its very simple Very Happy as far as yanking more crap off my bike? i don't need to. i kept up with a racing modified vtr 1000 firestorm ( its a v4 vertical twin aka ducati type engine ) with a track rider and bikes claimed to be much faster but the weight of the new bikes can't compare cause the numbers aren't close at all. my bike has a lot of power off the line hitting around a 2.5 second 0-60 time now compared to a 3.00 second time stock and I'm sure i would be able to run a 10 sec quarter mile time rather the 11 sec if i really tried, but my bike really does make most of its power after 9,000 rpms which everyone has told me including my new riding friends Razz

p.s math is not fun....what so ever Wink
Back to top Go down
bottlecape30
bottlecape30

PostSubject: Re: mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike.   mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 pm

but without math there would be no F2
Now my question is did they ever make an F2 ultimate? I would call it the FU2
Back to top Go down
cbr-rider
administrator
administrator
cbr-rider

PostSubject: Re: mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike.   mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:45 pm

yeah i guess your right no math, no cool things? nope they never made such a bike, just the f1 f2 f3 f f4 f4i that i kknow of my favorites are the f2 and f4i
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike.   mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike. Empty

Back to top Go down

mathematics and more. the true weight of my bike.
Page 1 of 1