Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» New off road riding book.
sportbike riding tips - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:26 am by cbr-rider

» On the 'D'-fence: Possible deals with fantasy implications
sportbike riding tips - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:54 pm by lavivi

» Electrical problems with CBR F2
sportbike riding tips - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:12 am by cbr-rider

» Yamaha xj 650 project
sportbike riding tips - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:32 pm by honda cbr 600 f2

» 09 yamaha r6?
sportbike riding tips - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:02 am by honda cbr 600 f2

» Four-Stroke Motocross and Off-Road Performance Handbook by Eric Gorr and Kevin Cameron
sportbike riding tips - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:10 am by cbr-rider

» 365 MOTORCYCLES YOU MUST RIDE.
sportbike riding tips - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:34 am by cbr-rider

» custom carbon fiber parts!
sportbike riding tips - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 3:16 am by cbr-rider

» what mods do you have?
sportbike riding tips - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 pm by mafiafran

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

sportbike riding tips

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cbr-rider
administrator
administrator
cbr-rider

sportbike riding tips - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: knee down talk again   sportbike riding tips - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:44 am

this is from my point of view and experience, anyone looking forward to knee sliding should keep these things in mind, its almost impossible to do on public roads, because most turns are at 90o and the good turns have to much traffic and or pebbles and dirt. never just stick your knee out ( you won't come close to the ground ) lean your body off the bike and your head should be over the mirrors, and get the bike as low as possible to your own risk. further more i learned that i can only get so far down on some turns because, like i said street roads are very shitty i lost traction in my front tire it was the lowest i ever been yes the knee touched but the bike fought me as almost it was telling me it can't go further down with out slipping there was nothing you could see at 45 mph and it was scary when the tire slipped but it was the road, i looked back and saw tiny dirt and pebbles. it could have ended bad but its just kinda stupid to be doing that anyway unless your on a track, haha don't get me wrong i enjoy doing it to a certain extent, but on public roads you better watch out for pot holes and my least favorite....pebbles! one last thing i should mention is don't wear super tight pants they won't let you shift your weight easy i notice slightly loser pants have given me an edge when it comes time to get really hanging off the bike.
Back to top Go down
http://sportbiketalk.com
bottlecape30
bottlecape30

sportbike riding tips - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: sportbike riding tips   sportbike riding tips - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:45 am

i will never be able to drop knee on my bike. My foot pegs hit long before i would come any where near that low. This is due largely in part that my bike is crazy low and even more so because well it's not really a sport bike.
Back to top Go down

sportbike riding tips
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2